What Matters Most?
What if it was your child?
- AMBER stands for "America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response" and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnapped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas.
- 76% of abducted children who are murdered are dead within 3 hours of the abductionand 88.5% are dead within 24 hours.
- 336 children have been reunited with their families because of AMBER Alerts.
- 70% of people with cell phones are eligible to recieve Wireless AMBER Alerts as text messages.
- 100% of computers can have the AMBER Alert ticker downloaded onto them.
- AMBER Alerts are active in ALL 50 states.
Take action today!
- Pay attention to AMBER Alert signs on the freeway or on TV.
- Sign up to recieve AMBER Alert text messages on your cell phone.
- Download the AMBER Alert ticker onto your computer.
- If you see or recieve an AMBER Alert signal, don't take it lightly!
Protecting children from abduction and locating those who have been abducted is the two-fold purpose of AMBER Alerts. They increase the number of people who can help locate an abducted child or deter predators, and they have caused perpetrators to release the abducted child after hearing or seeing the AMBER Alert.
Remember, those first 3 hours are everything to that child and his or her family.
Your action could mean the difference between a life lost and a life saved!
(Adapted from Every Monday Matters: 52 Ways to Make a Difference by Matthew Emerzian and Kelly Bozza)