Make Today Matter...
- Meditation and prayer shift brain activity from the stress-prone right frontal cortex to the calmer left frontal cortex.
- Slowing the breathing rate to 6 breaths per minute synchronizes breathing with cardiovascular rhythms resulting in enhanced cardiac health.
- Physiological benefits of prayer and meditation include anti-aging, deep rest, decreased blood pressure, higher skin resistance, and easier breathing.
- Psychological benefits include increased brain-wave coherence, greater creativity, decreased anxiety and depression, improved learning and memory, and increased happiness and emotional stability.
- The longer an individual practices meditation, the greater the likelihood that there will be a shift toward personal and spiritual growth.
Take action today!
- Find a quiet place to be still.
- Take deep breaths to help you relax.
- Meditate or pray.
- With a clearer mind, journal your thoughts and insights.
- Make meditation or prayer a part of your daily life.
Looking younger, lowered cholesterol and blood pressure, decreased anxiety and depression, improved memory, increased happiness, more peace...
What's not to like about meditation?
(Adapted from Every Monday Matters: 52 Ways to Make a Difference by Matthew Emerzian and Kelly Bozza)