Monday, February 27, 2012

Movie of the Month
"Poor cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's. "


Working but not yet accomplished writer Paul Varjak moves into a New York apartment building and becomes intrigued by a striking, unique neighbor of his named Holly Golightly. Holly's lifestyle confuses and fascinates Paul. In public she mingles and mixes through parties with a sexy, sophisticated air, but when it is just the two of them she changes into a sweetly vulnerable bundle of neuroses.


After watching this movie discuss how this matches up with your experience of Girl World. How do the characters match up with societies expectations of relationships, girls, boys, and parents and how do they counter them?

(Idea adapted from Queen Bees & Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman, summary from IMDb.com, and photo from minimalmovieposters.tumblr.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment