A national report shows that 23.6% of women and 11.5% of men reported at least one episode of intimate-partner violence in thier lifetime. This statistic suggests that is it quite possible someone you know and care about could be or has already been a victim of abuse.
Verizone Wireless Communications created HopeLine--a phone recycling and refurbishing program--to help support victims of domestic violence and provide an environmentally safe way to dispose of old cell phones and accessories.
How HopeLine Works:
- Old wireless phones, batteries, chargers, and accessories are collected
- Drop off at the HopeLine box located inside Verizon Wireless Communications stores nationwide OR
- Download and print a postage-paid label at: www.verizonwireless.com/hopelinemailinglabel
- All information is permanently erased from the device (service should be deactivated prior to donating)
- Unused phones are refurbished and sold for reuse
- Unsalvagable phones are disposed of in an environmentally sound way, under a zero landfill policy
Proceeds from the refurbished phones are used to provide new phones for survivors of domestic violence or to fund cash grants for local shelters and non-profit organizations that focus on domestic violence awareness and prevention.
Recycle your old phone and phone accessories and help victims of domestic violence today!